Foreword

Anmara's Memoir
A web novel by PandoraParadox based on The Fear Mythos.

My name is Anmara, perhaps that's not really important but I like to mention it from time to time because people and my associates tend to forget it a lot. People never call me my real name, they don't seem to find it "epic" enough. They rather call me The Manufactured Newborn which doesn't even make sense since I was not manufactured and am not newborn. People just decided on that name for me, I don't get it even. 

As you can probably conclude by now or at least I hope you can because otherwise reading my memoir maybe too much for your brain to handle. Just kidding, hehe...whatever...Anyway, point is I'm not human. I'm mostly robotic but have for a while now belonged to these group of eldritch monsters known as "The Fears". 

The Fears kind of sounds like a very pretentious name for a group of monsters to call themselves. They try to justify it by stating that they represent people's fears but I don't really see it.
Maybe I'm just dumb and don't get it.

Believe it or not there was actually a time where I didn't make fun of these guys, when I strived to join them. When I was a tiny lil monster these guys just...sounded so cool. 

Now that I'm part of them it just, doesn't seem worth it anymore. 

I'm supposed to be the fear of the future. Well, I'm a robotic lady so I guess I kind of fit it but I wouldn't call myself scary.

In fact that's why I'm not really getting along with my new associates. So much in fact that it lead to me writing this alone on the docks, waiting for my death.

Naturally, it didn't occur straight away but was more like a snowball effect that spiraled out of control.

I decided to share that with whoever finds this book. At least somebody should know I existed.


No comments:

Post a Comment