Chapter I: A God's Fall


Alright, it's time to tell the story. It all started hundreds of years before my birth. 800 years ago one of the fears known as the Wooden Mistress and another called the System, two powerful gods had a bit of a feud. It all started with the former questioning the latter's power and authoritarian behavior, deeming the System unfit to be among the fears. After almost half a millennium of endless fighting they decided they were equally matched, proposing a truce. The symbol of that truce was me, who the Wooden Mistress made out of a part of the System. Which part I'm not sure of.

Both of them were happy with me, so much in fact that they initiated me into the circle of the fears, bringing me to their realm, the godsway. Everybody there agreed that I would make a fine addition to their pantheon.

One however had not been informed of my creation and initiation. When he returned, the Unseen, he was furious. He called me a hybrid abomination and struck the System down right there in front of everyone as a sign of his dominance. 

He then grabbed me and threw me out of the godsway, casting me among the mortals.

I fell from the sky into a small town in Mexico called Encanto. The locals there while they were confused, didn't seem all that frightened. They helped me up and placed me onto a stool in one of their taverns, giving me a drink on the house.

I was so disoriented from the fall, I had no idea what was even happening. It's about then that someone started talking to me.

"You ok sweetums?" a female voice asked.

I looked up and sitting next to me was a young mexican woman, both in appearance and accent. She looked at me, studying my appearance almost as if she was fascinated by my snow white body.

"Yeah...just...fell. I don't know, weird to explain"

"Girl, you just fell from the sky and are talking to a girl with horns, there isn't anything too weird to explain"

It was then that I noticed them, her horns. She had long pointy black horns on her head. She also had short silver hear and blue eyes. This was like the first time I even paid attention to who I was talking to, was too dizzy to do it before.

"Well, I'm not human. I'm a godly being known as a fear. I was cast out of our realm and seem to have ended here. What is this place? Who are you?"

"You're weird, but I like you. My name is Gou've, you can call me Gou. This is Encanto, Mexico, town of magic. They call it that because a lot of weird stuff pops up here, such as me. I just sort of appeared here. I don't know who I am, what I am or where I belong. I just sort of exist"

After a bit of back and forth Gou agreed to help me, in exchange for a tiny price.

I wasn't sure why she befriended me so fast, but I was glad she did for at least I knew I wouldn't have to travel alone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment